Friday, January 21, 2011

Great kindness....

Up untill now I've said little about the teachers who have nurtured me...although I have dedicated this blog to them.  I have not followed a single path and thus have felt that perhaps it's not my right to claim a closeness to those that I will now come to name.

What I can say is that I've received great benefit from their guidance and to share, if only a photo or a link is what I can do.

From the time I was a small child the words and deeds of Jesus of Nazareth spoke to me... that Jesus included children and animals in his keeping was something profoundly important to me, along with the outcasts and the ill and the poor.

In my late teens when I experienced my first brush with the impermanence of life, I found a teacher from another culture and tradition who would equally nurture me.... Paramahansa Yogananda's biography guided me back to well being after a close encounter with death...In his beautiful eyes I experienced an unconditional love that transcended time and space. I began to learn of the journey he'd taken through the guidance of his teachers and through his devoted heart, I began to learn of unconditional love.


http://www.yogananda-srf.org/tmp/py_notitle.aspx?id=44
http://www.yogananda-srf.org/

No comments: