On yet another cold old wintery and rainy Blueys day I just found this beautiful blog via my friend Linda Sarah's gorgeous site...oh the warmth one human being can bring to another.
http://oohlaladesignstudio.blogspot.com/
I hope you enjoy this site too!
Celebrating Gwen Byng & Brissie 60's Rock'n Roll
Janice: Gwen, I'm guessing your first connection with the music scene was in Brisbane? If not; where and who was it that took your imagination to become involved? Gwen: Good question! It was most definitely Brisbane but not really so much in a "who inspired me" way. I was doing Psychology at University of Queensland, 1st year, and around halfway through the year I did some "prac" observations at a place called The Open Door, which was run by an ex Minister of Religion Hayden Sargent, who was on talk back radio, and was involved in many things. My plan for my degree was to work with Drug Addiction, hence the connection to the Open Door He created this venue as a "Drop In Centre" for kids who needed a place to talk. Counsellors etc were on board and he also introduced regular gigs to attract the age group he was aiming for. Friday night was "Blues" night, Saturday night was mainstream "Pop?" music with interstate guests who the loca...
Comments
Thanks so much for stopping by. Thanks ever so much for posting a link to my page. Most of all Jan, I want to thank you for your kindness. I'm so very overwhelmed and very grateful. Thanks again.